It is a Zibgee enabled device that can connect to home assistant thanks to a Conbee II stick and MQTT technology. If you are not familiar with these terms. then subscribe to my blog or YouTube Channel for future videos that explain this in detail.
I’ll be positioning my Aqara multi sensor in my fridge in order to check that all of my food is refrigerated properly, an acceptable temperature is around 5c-8c degrees I’m going to setup a notification from my google mini to be notified whenever this threshold has been overtaken.
To do this project you will need:
- Home Assistant installed and running
- Conbee II stick configured with Deconz
- A multi sensor device (I’m using the Aqara multi sensor link to Amazon US)
Table of Contents
- Check you have deconz up and running.
- Click on Phoson and login with your credentials.
- Click menu and sensors
- At the bottom you will find “add a new sensor”
- Get the sensor and click in sync button (on top) and wait for a blu light to blink.
- Now you should have had a green success light, might take up to 20 seconds.
- Check in Home Assistant for the names of the sensors, you will need them in the automations below.
This automation is going to look at my temperature sensor and check for a value above 8c for at least 5 seconds (ensuring that it wasn’t a fluke). This will send a voice message to my kitchen speaker, if you have never looked at text to speech you can find details in my blog page to set it up.
- id: 'fridge_notification' alias: Fridge Notification description: '' trigger: - platform: numeric_state entity_id: sensor.temperature_3 for: 00:00:05 above: '8' action: - data: entity_id: media_player.kitchen_speaker message: Fridge is too warm service: tts.google_say
You will need to look at your developer tool kit in home assistant to find out the entity ID that you were given. Mine is sensor.temperature_3.
You can use the Humidity sensor track and automate some sequences, from a simple notification to perhaps a dehumidifier turning on based on a smart switch.
- id: 'humidity_notification' alias: Humidity Notification description: '' trigger: - platform: numeric_state entity_id: sensor.humidity_4 for: 00:00:05 above: '55' action: - data: entity_id: media_player.kitchen_speaker message: Humidity is too high service: tts.google_say
Air Pressure sensor
The air pressure sensor has its own entity id in home assistant, the unit of measurement is hPa, which stand for: hectopascal (100 x 1 pascal) pressure units. Like the other two find a suitable level of air pressure and get notified when this is out of boundaries.
Keep it Digital,